American Taliban denounces Pakistani Taliban

Thursday, October 11th, 2012 · 7 Comments »

This is what we call irony: Gary Bauer Attacks Sandra Fluke over Shooting of Pakistani Education Activist. Bauer is, of course, one of the most notorious misogynists on the Christianist ultra-right.

The Heritage Foundation has also joined the fun, using the horrible attack on Malala Yousafzai as an opportunity to argue that America is the best place ever for women. This is the same Heritage Foundation that vigorously opposes women’s rights across the board, from equal pay to contraception access. They also sponsor the kind of abstinence education that teaches that a girl who isn’t a virgin is like a cupcake that’s been passed around and licked. Very Talibanish of them.

Filed under: Open Thread · Tags:

7 Responses to “American Taliban denounces Pakistani Taliban”

1. JeanLouise says:

I went to the site to leave a scathing comment but I couldn’t stay more than twenty seconds before I had to leave and take a shower to wash off the stench.

2. tinfoil hattie says:

Well, but really – what do us bi***es want? Men from the Heritage Foundation aren’t personally killing us, so why don’t we just STFU and appreciate how great American women have it?

3. Chio says:

Many of us have at some point dated asshole men who have said things like “You don’t know how good you have it! At least I am not like that guy who (cheated on, beat, raped, humiliated, murdered) his girlfriend! ” Ummm…. yeah. Great reasoning for why we should all stay with an asshole boyfriend.

Is Gary Bauer trying to be my asshole boyfriend?

4. tinfoil hattie says:

I’m not really sure how it’s Fluke’s fault this young girl was killed. I just don’t have the skills in my ladybrain to comprehend the complexity.

As far as I know she’s still alive, but in critical condition.

6. tinfoil hattie says:

Thanks, Violet. I meant to say, “shot.”

7. Teresainpa says:

I know all about abusive men, from experience unfortunately. I am about as pro-choice and feminist as you can be. But I think you do a disservice to the women and girls of the ME by calling the Christian right The “Christian Taliban” or “American Taliban”. It minimizes what they face. There really is no comparison between their lives and ours.