Romney campaign continues to be toast

Monday, September 17th, 2012 · 8 Comments »

SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters!

What he really thinks is that they’re all looters and moochers. Unlike Mitt, who earned everything the hard way, with no help from anyone, no privilege, no nothing, I tell you!

This from the man whose father was chairman of American Motors and the governor of Michigan.

UPDATE: I want to add links to two especially good posts about this. Charles Pierce at Esquire is hilarious and brilliant, as usual. And Athena at First Draft perfectly nails the cognitive dissonance of Republican voters.

Filed under: Open Thread · Tags:

8 Responses to “Romney campaign continues to be toast”

I thought Kristof’s comment in his op-ed on the 16th was also hilarious.

Talking about the foreign policy hoof-in-mouth-disease: “Plenty of candidates don’t write their own foreign policy position papers, but Romney is unusual in that he seems not to have even read his.”

This guy is so done. I’ve said all along that there was no way Romney would win, but now it’s just reached the point that this whole campaign is a waste of time. Everybody knows it, except possibly the Mittster himself and the hardcore 20 percenters.

3. caseyOR says:

Just a small correction, Violet. Mitt’s father, George Romney, was chairman of American Motors, not General Motors.

Thank you! That’s what I meant to write. I fixed it.

5. JeanLouise says:

I disagree that Romney’s done. Most of the 47% won’t recognize themselves as the people he’s talking about and even if they did, they’re voting against Obama (the black socialist) or against abortion and that’s more important to them than what Romney thinks of them.

6. Chio says:

I have no idea who is going to win. In my swing state of NH both Obama and Romney are very popular and I don’t hear many people saying extremely negative things about either candidate. Well, that’s just where I live. Not sure what to say about the rest of the country!

7. falstaff says:

I agree with Violet — I think the presidential race is over. Take a look at Nate Silver’s last several posts on the Times’ Five Thirty Eight blog. He bends over backwards to be objective, but the trajectory is now set. My hope is that the Dems will redirect a lot of money to the Senate and House races.

8. Penny Lane says:

Okay, I have a great link, I want to share it with you all. I look at it several times a week, every time I start to feel anxious about the election.

This is a Republican website, and here is their analysis of the election:

As of right now, the Democrats have 265 electoral votes locked up, and they only need another five to win. The Democrats only need to pick up one swing state (excepting NH, which only has 4 votes) to win.

Just. One. State.

Romney, on the other hand, is at 191 electoral college votes – which means he needs to pick up 79 electoral college votes to win.

Here is the Republican EC map without any tossup states:

347D to 191R. In other words, Obama is leading in EVERY swing state.

It’s not over until the fat lady sings, but right now it seems like the Republicans are playing to their base and the media wants eyeballs, so they’re pretending that it’s not over.

Barring some massive October Surprise that would make Romney look good (space alien invasion is all I could come up with), Obama willbe re-elected.

Anytime you start feeling anxious, just go onto that Republican website and check out the map of how they think the election will turn out. Makes me feel better every time!