Where I’ve been

Friday, March 19th, 2010 · 22 Comments »

Hi, everybody.

Okay, here’s the deal: I was kidnapped. No, really. This totally happened. I know I’ve mentioned before that I hang with the secret feminist cabal that rules the world, and so I do. And I’ve been working with them on a secret new world-ruling organization that promises to change the face of human existence as we know it. Kind of like the Illuminati, but with even more Masonic symbols and godless communism.

Anyway, what happened was that they (the Secret Feminist Council of Elder Wizards) decided that in order to get their new world-ruling thingy up and ready to go, they would have to kidnap me and physically tie me to a computer workstation. And so they did. It was awful. They came barreling into the Smoking Lounge in the dead of night, scared the shit out of Molly, woke up Raoul, and hustled me out of bed and off to an Undisclosed Location. Where they plopped me down in front of a computer, handed me some ramen noodles and a bootleg copy of Photoshop, and locked the door.

And that’s where I’ve been all this time.

But I’m back! Yeah. I escaped. To hell with the Secret Feminist Cabal and their javascript Masonic-symbol new world order. They’re nice and all, and part of me (the part that isn’t a fictional character) is totally into what they’re doing, but goddamn. I have a fake life I’m trying to live here. I have Raoul, I have my imaginary friends, I have my giant sunset painting.

So I’m back and here to stay. If you want to see the New World Order thing, you’ll just have to google for it. I’ll give you a hint: it’s called Equal Visibility Everywhere.

Filed under: Reclusive Leftist · Tags:

22 Responses to “Where I’ve been”

1. Swannie says:

Whew … thank goddess you are back .. I was languishing …

2. Alison says:

Well I googled…. I’m so excited. I’ve been absolutely obsessed with Women’s History lately and the word “representation”. I think the EVE’s message is huge – if girl’s can’t see it, it doesn’t mean anything to them. Awesome new organization.

3. votermom says:

That is so cool.

4. alwaysfiredup says:

Wow. I like it. Simple, discrete, achievable goals that will subtly change the conversation. Nice.

5. bob c says:

This kind of thing humbles someone like me! (not being a secret feminist cabal member really sucks) Rule On!

6. Lynnerkat says:

Please beam me up to the SFC, I’m really tired of being here- glad you’re back. And will check out the new place.

7. Swannie says:

EVE is very cool !!!!
    under the celebrations section , EVE is in time for SWAN DAY ( the similarity to my name is serendipitous only , and don’t I just love and appreciate it )
    S.W.A.N. stands for SUPPORT WOMEN ARTISTS NOW and this March 27th 2010 is the third annual celebration of this event . The official date of the Third International SWAN Day is Saturday, March 27, 2010, but it is celebrated throughout the months of March and April. To find SWAN Day events or post one of your own, please visit our SWAN Day website.

I personally support women artists and you can too .. every Saturday 10 AM – 1 PM with my own show GODDESS RADIO .
    GODDESS RADIO is 7 years old now , and we are celebrating the fifth year at my own internet radio station CYGNUS RADIO .
    CYGNUS RADIO
    GODDESS RADIO is a three hour weekly show showcasing the women and the women only of independent music.

8. Swannie says:

PS my Aunt Sue ( who is now buried in Israel) worked for Bella Abzug …

9. Sandra S. says:

Well, since the thread is about super-sekrit feminist projects… I just got a post up on the New Agenda blog! Yay!

The EVE thing looks pretty awesome, too. Hooray!

Thanks so much for all the nice words, folks.

11. Kookaburra says:

Oh, wow, that’s awesome. I love the “Why it’s so important” page – that’s a great way to illustrate to men what it’s like to be a woman. Ask them how they would feel if there were NO MEN on money, etc.

12. Nessum says:

“Javascript”? Shudder!

But what a beautiful site; and cause! Love the name and what it signifies, both in full and in short, Eve.

The logo I’ll have to explore closer as I’m sure it contains several messages. :)

13. purplefinn says:

Well worth the wait. Thank you, Violet, Lynette et (cab)al

14. Alison says:

Kookaburra,

Yes, I like that page, too. It’s hard for many men and women to understand why this is so important but imagining the inverse is effective. If every image out there were female it would be disturbing to most people.

15. song! says:

Oh my! EVE, yes! Redreaming her into the dreamtime world one symbol @ a time.

Infiltrating the singularity locus of the patriarchal domain.

16. Three Wickets says:

What a terrific idea. Brava and congratulations. Sign me up for the currency platoon. Any reason to get on Geithner’s ass, I’m there.

17. Ann Bartow says:

If you can stomach a little self promotion, visibility in the physical public domain is an issue I have considered in my scholarship:

18. Ann Bartow says:

The EVE site looks great, btw!

19. Branjor says:

Yay for the EVE site! I love it! I was born in the dark ages of the 1950s and this has been so needed for so long it isn’t funny.

20. bluelyon says:

Love the EVE site! Duly added to my blogroll and will be visited often.

21. Sophie says:

Excellent site!!

22. Dr. Socks considers moving the Smoking Lounge to Iceland | Reclusive Leftist says:

[...] for being AWOL, folks; the Elder Wizards kidnapped me again. While I was chained to my desk, though, one of the Wizards emailed me this [...]