Another message from the Ministry of Truth

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 · 29 Comments »

bigbrother

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Socks’s “Where’s your Superman now?” post, which we removed earlier this week, has now been re-published in annotated form as a teaching aid for bloggers. Throughout the post we have marked Dr. Socks’s most egregious errors and lapses of taste with a “Minitrue says” icon Click for a tip from Minitrue which, when clicked, displays helpful blogging tips from the Minitrue review board.

We hope this will be of assistance to everyone in the blogging community.

Filed under: Reclusive Leftist · Tags:

29 Responses to “Another message from the Ministry of Truth”

1. madamab says:

LOVE the graphic – and the new, edited piece. All Praise Dear Leader!

Another more appropriate closing for your letter: “Soylent Green is People.”

2. Cyn says:

OMG, is that The Big Giant Head?

The minitrues are hysterical, but I’m sticking to my old trash talking ways.

3. Besom says:

Awesome graphic: Sieg heil, Smeghead!

Thank you for re-publishing this fantastic essay. Really, it rocks.

4. catarina says:

violet, this stunt of your was not funny!
    I, and many readers thought you were being harassed.

Here’s hoping you are upwind next time the llamas fart.

5. Besom says:

I’m not sure if this is something the Ministry overlooked, but perhaps instead of the blunt, “are you stupid?” you could try “are you suffering from an inherent smarts deficit?” Just sayin’.

6. AM says:

Brilliantly handled.

7. Dr. K says:

There are (obviously) many people, some of whom are demonstrably intelligent, doomed to remain fixed in a concrete world. This undermines their appreciation of things like the deliberate employ of offensive rhetoric when attempting to spotlight unacknowledged/denied offenses.

I appreciate you writing to the people who can understand what you are saying, on the levels at which you are speaking, and the integrity that demands it. Brilliant stuff.

8. sister of ye says:

Jeez, you shouldn’t make me laugh that hard at work. Good thing all my coworkers already think I’m crazy.

It was all good, but the part about the closing made me giggle uncontrollably.

Hope the Ministry of Truth doesn’t realize the lesson taught was how to make a wonderfully rude rant even better.

9. votermom says:

The minitrues are so funny.

10. deanbcurtis says:

I am in awe. A magnificently scathing post has now become a magnificently scathing post with utter hilarity. Great work, per usual.

11. yttik says:

Ack! That creepy giant head is frightening. Don’t you have something more enjoyable I could look at like an alpaca’s butt or something?

Sorry for your troubles, violet. Stay away from the ministry of love, they’re even nastier.

12. Nora says:

That photo is so creepy and so reflective of how Obama seems to think of himself.

13. KendallJ says:

Hi Violet. I had a post under this blog that is now removed. Was it removed because I said that Smeal put Obama on the cover of Ms. and didn’t back Clinton during the primary rigging against her in favor of him because he was black?

14. slythwolf says:

OMG, is that The Big Giant Head?

I’m going to start calling him the Almighty Tallest, myself.

15. purplefinn says:

Smeal, Steinem, Gandy and others endorsed Hillary Clinton in the primary.

That said their positions about Obama post Clinton’s suspension of her campaign remain regrettable.

16. m Andrea says:

I am jellous that you beat me to this graphic, and yet it’s too close to the way Obamabots really do put a giant poster of his face over everything. Did I ever link to this site?

The other thing is that there exists many reasons for writing — convincing the opposition that your own assertions are correct is only one. Arousing the ire of like-minded folks is another… Giving sympathic feminists something productive to do with that ire is yet another (which is what TNA is for, I believe). Anyway, criticism of these posts is unjustified, as they are not intended to be a doctorial thesis.

Thorry, my sense of humor is GONE — I am fed up with this constant barrage of patriarchal arse kissing. Seems like the only harsh criticism which is allowed in polite society is that which denigrates women.

17. m Andrea says:

Obamabots would find nothing wrong with V’s graphic, which is what I was trying to say. To them, it is perfectly normal and they want his image plastered everywhere ten feet high.

18. kenoshaMarge says:

From my point of view I thought your letter to Ellie Smeal was perfect. However the follow-up is simply comedic brilliance! Kudos Dr. Socks!

19. julia says:

From Michael Eric Dyson, “They told him, ‘you’re the compromise candidate. Nobody knows anything about you, and you haven’t been around long enough to make any enemies. You can bring us together.” Sounds like Obama, doesn’t it?
    Except that it’s abouot Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I think it describes Obama perfectly: nobody knows anything about him so they can pretend he’s whatever they want. And powerful, smart women like Hillary Clinton always have enemies.

20. Stray Yellar Dawg says:

Why do I feel like I’m in Oz?

And who really *is* behind that curtain??

Oh Toto, Toto…. dad blame dog…. where is he when we need him?

21. Sherry says:

Violet, I love your site. I loved the letter to Ellie Smeal and I laughed out loud reading the “Minitrue” followup.

But Violet, I’m really weary of the picture up top. It’s beginning to scare me, too. The stuff of nightmares, you know? So, how about something new? An Alpaca picture would be swell. You don’t even have to write more than a caption, k? Just please put that picture where it won’t be the first thing I see when I click on this “favorite.”

Thank you most sincerely!

22. Cyn says:

Good grief, Violet, if you’re not going to post anything soon at least put up an alpaca photo. Every time I click on your blog I see big giant head and it ruins my day. :(

23. foxx says:

Please remove that picture.

24. TheOtherDelphyne says:

Let’s see a picture of your daughter – she’s so pretty! And I’m sure much more clever and intelligent than that guy in the picture!

25. TheOtherDelphyne says:

I forgot to say in my now moderated post Happy Valentine’s Day!

26. Cyn says:

Oh, no! (moaning loudly), my eyes are bleeding from seeing the big giant head at the top of this blog.

I am crawling on hands and knees up the cold granite stairs (which, by the way, number in the thousands), clawing my way up to snatch that horrible, evil photo down so that my sisters and I can enjoy our Ramen noodles in peace.

27. grasshopper says:

Firefox has a handy dandy add-on called AdBlocker that you can use to block unwanted pictures and such.

It’s meant for ads, but I use it to block anything I don’t like looking at, including Teh Evil Head. I highly recommend it.

28. Sis says:

Alpaca substitute. Don’t block this.

Awwww.

29. Kat says:

I miss your posts, Violet.

Come back soon if you can, please.