Hello and Open Thread

Sunday, August 3rd, 2008 · 19 Comments »

Did you think I’d died? Did you think I’d been kidnapped by the Obama campaign and forced to swear fealty to the god-king?

Actually I’ve just had an insanely busy and complicated week. I’m still busy, as a matter of fact. But I’m here and alive — well, no, actually I’m not alive. Extant is perhaps a better word. I’m still a ghost in the Smoking Lounge with my peeps Raoul, Alex the Grey Parrot, Nietzsche, and God. But I’ve been so fried these past few days that I didn’t even have time for the Friday night throwdown with Nerf ball and tequila shots, which is usually the highlight of my week. (By the way, God always wins at Nerf ball. Always. Her aim is incredible.)

But I have a treat for you: a trailer for the documentary in the works that will “tell the WHOLE story of what happened to the Democratic Party this year.” Man, this movie is going to be good. Watch:

If you want to help get this film completed and distributed, click here to contribute.

Open thread, so say hello, tell me what you’ve been doing or what’s in the news, ask me prying personal questions, whatever.

Filed under: Raoul, Reclusive Leftist · Tags:

19 Responses to “Hello and Open Thread”

1. donna darko says:

the WHOLE story of what happened to the Democratic Party this year

Unfortunately, it will be like UNPRECEDENTED, UNCOVERED, OUTFOXED and ENRON: The Smartest Guys in the Room, critiques usually reserved for Republicans.

Exactly. Isn’t it sad?

I think my favorite line from the trailer is when the guy says something like, “I don’t think any of these kids [Obamabots] have ever seen a Billy Graham revival. They can’t see through it.”

3. Susan Mayhew says:

Violet – I agree. The Obama rallies should be shown split screen with ‘Jesus Camp’. Orwell is in order too – Politspeak – Barack cries racism and keeps the focus on race – he goes to Berlin playing JFK (as if JFK were JFK) and again talks about his looks.
    We are doomed with this guy – he is an Elmer Gantry.

4. Pat J says:

The completed video is going to sit right up there with anything Michael Moore has put it. It will clearly illustrate the ways and means this election has been gamed and highjacked from its inception.

Glad to see you have returned since I love reading your comments and insights. Especially the snark! Love the snark!

5. GRL says:

I watched this last night…just OUTRAGEOUS!!! This all reminds me of 2000….DAMN!

And women this time have been really crapped on by the Democrats…We’ve really gone BACKWARDS!@

New one from Kenosha Marge on women and this party…

PARTY DOLLS

“If befriend donkey, expect to be kicked”–Charlie Chan

6. TheOtherDelphyne says:

Violet – great to see you back with a new post!

Here’s a quote from Bill Clinton which got my attention really quickly:

“I never was mad at Sen. Obama,” the former president said. “I think everybody’s got a right to run for president who qualifies under the Constitution. And I’d be the last person to begrudge anybody their ambition.”

We all know that Bill’s command of language is excellent, so I wonder what he knows….

7. Sharmajee says:

Susan Mayhew says:

We are doomed with this guy – he is an Elmer Gantry. August 3rd, 2008 at 10:20 pm EST

Who soon will become Elmer Fudd. A candidacy conceived in opporunism, born of expediency, fed by flip-flops and manufactured using tools of thuggery, bullying, deception and subterfuge. The false glory will fade. None too soon, hopefully.

TheOtherDelphyne says:

Here’s a quote from Bill Clinton which got my attention really quickly:

“….everybody’s got a right to run for president who qualifies under the Constitution. And I’d be the last person to begrudge anybody their ambition.”

I think that’s just Bill being Bill. Stirring the pot, where there is already a little simmering ;>)

8. sakel says:

I was hoping you weren’t abducted by the Obamabots! But what’s your Nietzsche doing alongside God? Didn’t Nietzsche kill him already? Or is The Messiah Obama’s presence proof enough that God is still kicking around?! Precious BHO sure seems to think so, anyway, together with his faithful obamabot followers. Although He is acting as if he were the DNC Superman…

Thanks, Dr. Socks, for this great trailer! It’s truly incredible that this undemocratic nonsense allowed this fraudulent candidate to flourish and robbed us of the opportunity to have a Woman of Substance making this hill of beans a better world to live in….

Keep us posted on the date this ‘trailer’ becomes a full feature…You should make this a permanent Puma vision video. Thanks for posting this!!

P.s. And…please….keep on giving us updates on Nietzsche’s dealings with God, and Obama’s Superman status which I understand was conferred by the media ‘leg thrillers’.

9. sakel says:

Sorry, but I just reread Pat J’s post with which I fully agree!

When this documentary is completed and fully edited, it will be a huge success and will be “right up there with Moore’s” documentaries like Sicko… I do wish they’d intersperse with scenes of Hillary giving her final speech and scenes from documented media misogyny moments….

Can’t wait till this PUMA documentary is completed!

Thanks Violet for posting!

10. m Andrea says:

Holy__! Obama just might be toast after this! Oh wait, they’ll say it had nothing to do with the leadershit — but what kind of leader let’s the staff get out of control? Surely there were complaints and those complaints had to have ignored if things got this bad?

oops I misspelled “leadership” but under the circumstances it’ll stay. I do hate to see this post roll off the screen, it seems a tad important.

11. K.A. says:

What I think is funny is that at other feminist/progressive blogs, there’s a lot of “oh, I feel BETRAYED by Obama” from ex-supporters who weren’t necessarily Obamabots, but then they go on to make fun of people who can’t see through McCain’s MAVERICK routine!

Meanwhile, here we were all along during their love of the super-fresh unifying independent changer from above, rolling our eyes that they couldn’t see through Obama’s own obvious maverick routine! Hello? You fell for it too! You lose the right ridicule those who buy McCain’s superficial marketing!

12. ginmar says:

He’s acting like a Republican, now he borrows Karl Rove’s tactics? God, great job, Obamabots. I loved the part where the Hillary voters say the Obama bots offered to ‘take’ their ballots.

13. Susan Mayhew says:

Great Video – I hope that it will also include the corrupt politician’s antics during his Senate run. His minions threatened countless voters in Illinois. (The ‘god won’t love you’ rings a bell from that time).

The man is simply an opportunist preying on white liberal guilt.. which seems to be in shorter supply these days!

14. Ciccina says:

@K.A. : “I hate to climb atop my PUMA-mobile to do the I-told-you-so dance for the dismayed progressives, but….”

lol — I know that dance! I do it too!

15. anna says:

Oooh, open thread!

Know what annoys me lately? That none of the Nine Worthies are women. I’m going to fix that right now:

The Nine Female Worthies:

Jewish:

Deborah,Yael,Rahab

Pagan:

Boudica, Camilla (from the Aeneid), Veturia

Christian (Medieval times):

St. Joan of Arc, Ethelfleda, Joan I de Navarre

Like the male Worthies, all are known for their skill in some aspect of war.

16. anna says:

If you want women who are all known for personal prowess in battle, you can replace Veturia with
    Penthesilea.

17. TheOtherDelphyne says:

How about Hypatia of Alexandria? I love her and Boudica.

18. anna says:

Let me try this again:

The Nine Female Worthies:

Jewish:

Deborah,Yael,Judith

Pagan:

Boudica, Camilla (from the Aeneid), Penthesilea

Christian (Medieval times):

St. Joan of Arc, Ethelfleda, Joan I de Navarre

Like the male Worthies, all brought glory and honor to their nations and are known for their personal prowess in battle, as well as for having some of the Knightly Virtues of chivalry (all at least have fortitude and justice, as they were understood then, in the Middle Ages when the Worthies were first listed.)

19. anna says:

Did you know that the American national anthem is sexist, containing the lyrics “when freemen shall stand between their loved home and the war etc.” Considering that women are 15% of the armed forces, this should really be changed, but I doubt it ever will.