Fuck off, Obama

Saturday, June 7th, 2008 · 21 Comments »

From Riverdaughter:

The Obama camp just issued the following statement on Hillary Clinton’s endorsement.

“Obviously, I am thrilled and honored to have Senator Clinton’s support. But more than that, I honor her today for the valiant and historic campaign she has run. She shattered barriers on behalf of my daughters and women everywhere, who now know that there are no limits to their dreams.

Oh, now he’s discovered sexism? Now he’s discovered women’s rights?

Let’s review. This is the guy who:

1. Exploited 15 years of misogynistic wingnut smears against Hillary throughout his campaign;
2. Never once reprimanded his supporters for their misogyny;
3. Never once acknowledged or denounced the sexism in the campaign;
4. Never once praised Hillary’s historic achievement — until now, when she’s conceded;
5. Delivered a major address on rooting out bigotry in the black community but never once mentioned sexism;
6. Consistently avoided any acknowledgement of sexism or of women’s rights in his speeches;
7. Spent 20 years in the company of woman-haters like Jeremiah Wright and Michael Pfleger, who refuse to acknowledge that Hillary and other women face obstacles;
8. Echoed the sentiments of Wright and Pfleger when he told a reporter that Hillary was a “conventional” candidate;
9. Never once denounced or expressed regret for the vicious personal insults of Hillary expressed by his good friends, Wright and Pfleger;
10. Employed a campaign manager who ridiculed Hillary for “crying” in New Hampshire “about her hair”:
11. Consistently used sexist language to refer to Hillary — claws, tea parties, periodic moods, feeling down, “likable enough,” etc.
12. Strode into his Iowa victory party to the strains of “99 Problems But A Bitch Ain’t One”;
13. Gave Hillary the finger when she bested him in debate;
14. Praised anti-feminist John Roberts to the skies for his “brilliance” and would have voted to confirm him if a PR adviser hadn’t convinced him it would look bad on his resume;
15. Stated that women in the pro-choice movement have been guilty of not treating abortion as the serious moral issue that it is;
16. Addresses women as “cutie” and “sweetie” — even Senator Barbara Boxer.

That’s just off the top of my head.

And now, suddenly, he’s Mr. Feminist. Oh for fuck’s sake. How stupid does he think we are?

As for this bit:

“She shattered barriers on behalf of my daughters and women everywhere, who now know that there are no limits to their dreams.”

Actually, what women everywhere now know is that this country still isn’t ready for a woman President. That if a woman runs for President, she doesn’t stand a fucking chance. No matter how brilliant and capable she is, no matter how many people vote for her, the media will crucify her and some shady half-ass snake oil salesMAN will be handed the nomination instead.

Fuck off, Obama. Just fuck off.

*****

P.S. I need the video of Hillary’s speech today. Who has it?

21 Responses to “Fuck off, Obama”

1. CB says:

Clinton’s speech is on her Web site and on CSPAN.

2. Red Queen says:

Oh thank the FSM you are back on the intertubes. This is just what I needed this morning.

I’ve got a photoshop RSVP card that I plan on sending to Howard Dean for November up at my place. It’s marked “unable to attend”.

3. YAB says:

Thanks. I really needed to vent and you did it for me.

No candidate since RFK has impressed me the way Hillary has – and she won that support from me: it wasn’t there for the taking.

4. ekittyglendower says:

Yes, Obama can go to hell with a big fat carbuncle on his nose.

Fraud, fraud, fraud is what Obama is.

5. Puget Sound Island Girl says:

Well said!!!

I am so angry that this is happening. I keep getting “attacked” on my own blog by these powered by HOPE people. I really do hate them.

Fuck off Obama!!!

6. thebewilderness says:

Excuse me Dr,
    There is an advertisment for John McCain in the sidebar of your blog.
    Is this by way of an endorsement?
    I did say I would click your ads to increase your revenue, but clicking this guy in a flight suit, this is asking a bit much.

Not there now. It’s Google Adsense. They serve up different ads and I don’t have any control over it. Mostly it’s been Macy’s (the department store) the past couple of days.

8. Crowlie says:

I kinda feel like while Obama might be making a point about racism, women in the US are still bitches, hos or mommies… and that’s only my perspective from here on the other side of the planet. FWIW I’m part Aboriginal so the racism would apply for me as much as the sexism… yet somehow it’s okay to be sexist.

9. Crowlie says:

Also isn’t it interesting how he’s discovered women’s rights for his daughters and women in general, but not his wife…

Any woman who is rightly the property of a man can simply forget about any ambition to be human.

10. atheist woman says:

Did you see how he patted her ass in public (at his first ‘I won’ speech). It was right after he gave her the fist pound, which I actually thought was pretty darn cute. Anyway, I thought the ass patting was pretty demeaning. And Violet, you forgot ‘give me a kiss.’(or did he say give ‘us’ a kiss?).

11. Perry Logan says:

Misogynists out of our party NOW!

12. ginmar says:

It’s not my party any longer. I refuse to participate. I’m not voting for this fucker.

13. Ciccina says:

What struck me about Obama’s statement was this:

“who now know that there are no limits to their dreams.”

In other words, sexism and misogyny are now moot issues. Somehow Hillary’s campaign showed that all barriers against women are gone (how’s that for twisted logic)?

Problem solved, ladies! Nothing to see here! Move along!

I’ve wondered from the beginning what the effect an Obama presidency would have on civil rights and anti-racism organizations and activists. I can easily imagine some poor soul trying to explain how something is racist, only to be told by some snotty college boy that there is no more racism because we have a black president. I’m sure Obama would find that scenario offensive.

I’m sure Obama would never say “I shattered barriers on behalf of my daughters and African Americans everywhere, who now know that there are no limits to their dreams.”

Can’t. Stand. Him.

14. blondie says:

I noticed the same thing, atheist woman, about the pat on her rear. Then I wondered if I was just being over-sensitive; ’cause, you know, coaches pat their players’ rear ends, too, but then I thought, no.

She and he bumped fists, and she gave him a straight-on look, thumbs’ up. At the time, cool. She’s his partner. Then, she turns to walk away, and he minimizes her by patting her rear. He may as well have patted her one the noggin like, get along you good little girl.

15. Kourian says:

This is a great post.

16. Katherine says:

The non-damn-stop of misogyny and sexism against Hillary Clinton throughout the primary season–and even still, is UNFORGIVABLE.

Barack Obama benefitted from the hatred of women.

I will never dare REWARD that.

I will never vote for Obama.

PUMA!

17. SophieL says:

17. Effectively dismissed 35 years of experience because Hillary was the follower spouse.

(Although, she did more for ALL people with every “little” title, secondary title, or non-title she had.)

No. Vote. From. Me.

18. Betty Boondoggle says:

I found this blog via a link from Shakesville – and I’m tremendously glad. The posts re: Obama say everything I’ve been trying to say for months.

I will not vote for him either. It’s good to know others feel the same way.

I’m voting for McKinney, myself.

19. vbonnaire says:

DITTO!

20. BARB says:

I don’t want to be united with the Democratic Party. I sincerely despise, Obama, Howard and Donna and Nancy and Harry. I want no more to do with those people. I would not vote for Obama if Hillary Clinton was on the ticket as his VP, not if my own mother was on the ticket. I am finished with the Democrats. I wanted to throw up when I saw Hillary on stage with Obama and smiling. I am into news avoidance today and most of next week, as I can’t bear the sight of it or the TV newscasters spewing “unity” and how great they look together and Hillary supports Obama now, so we all should get in line and love Obama now and make sure he gets in the WH. NO! He’s going to pay off her debt and that’s really great. Great nonsense. Hillary can sit down and write a book and get 10 – 15 million easily. It’s such a sham. Well, one thing I can and will do. I am collecting signatures for Nader to be on the ballot in Minnesota. Of course Nader will never win, but, he is a person with ethics, and ethics seem sorely missing from the Democratic platform.

21. RAFREE says:

No, Obama you taught your daughters that the limits to their dreams are men like you. Men who have almost zero qualifications can come along, play the charm game, destroy their character and diminish their long record of hard work and service to steal their job. They can play fast and loose with sexism and get away with it. Your daughters won’t feel the sting of this quite as much as those women and girls who don’t have so many options in life but, they will know from history what happened here.

Those women with the most at stake here will pay too. Women who are trying to at long last have domestic violence and murder in the home be seen as every bit as much an outrage as a war in Iraq or anywhere else. Women who wonder where are the protest marches over these deaths and beatings. It’s not taken as seriously at all..shrugged off as par for the course,…normalized. Since when have men like this been a champion for these issues.

Obama is no women’s rights advocate. I find it unseemly to say the least that he accepted funding from “Playboy” Wouldn’t you think in a race this historical for women that he would refuse their money? They aren’t exactly a bastion of women’s rights and it seems disrespectful for him to have ignored such a slight. Whether or not you think it’s okay for him to take their money it’s interesting to note which candidate they backed. Mr. G.Q…mr. no cred, but a big smile takes the woman’s postion. Mr. “I fucked over Alice Palmer” Obama.

The arrogance of actually thinking we want to “unify” with this because we have no other choice is astounding? Time to stand up to this or it’s never going to be taken seriously. They’ve counted on us to go along to get along for far, far too long.

Twelve women have now run for president of the United States. I have a friend in India who told me that even when they had a woman as leader she did not face such sexism in that country as what Hillary Clinton faced in the U.S.A. We are more backward than even India in her eyes…she’s right!! Hillary was held to ten times the standard this empty suit candidate was, if Obama had been female there wouldn’t have been a run for the nomination from him. He would have been laughed out of the entire race early on.

No, she had to have ten times the credentials, she had to take ten times the heat, the bias, and all of it while never backing down and still it’s not good enough. We have the DNC crowning Obama and cheating to do it.

Any woman who rewards this with her vote better think long and hard about it. It will come back to bite you in the butt sooner or later. The left has exploited women’s votes and used them as good little foot soldiers for years, only to stab us in the back and demand we yet again fall in line.

And Obama thinks this is all a good sign of progress? Kiss my ass. I am not going to the back of this man’s bus to please the democrats or anyone else. I simply cannot afford to any longer and I don’t think ANY feminist really can if we are EVER going to finally be able to hold high office without having to bend over for being screwed.

As an aside I”m helping to defeat every democrat who went along with this debacle. Kerry is running again in Mass and I just got behind an effort to defeat him.

It’s past time to wake them up and keep at these idiots until they see we are not going to be good little girls for their “causes” any longer. Not until they take our rights seriously and act in good faith with some consistency.